Welcome to our first recipe post! Do you guys have so many recipes saved on Pinterest that you can’t possible make them all? Um, yeah, me too. So one of the things I aim to do on this blog is to test out recipes that I find…and then share those that are really awesome! This Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe is definitely one of those. Quick, easy and healthy it’s the perfect week night meal.
THAI CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T red curry paste
- 1 T minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 c shredded cabbage or cole slaw mix
- 1/4 c hoisin sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 head of iceburg lettuce, cut into half
Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat until oil is very hot. Add ground chicken and cook until no longer pink and starts to brown, break it up with a wooden spoon as necessary.
Add in red curry paste, ginger, garlic, peppers, cabbage and stir fry for about 3 minutes. Add hoisin sauce and green onions and toss. Remove from heat, add basil and toss. Transfer to a bowl. Spoon into lettuce and and enjoy!!
- Chicken mixture can be made ahead and reheated before dinner.
- Also delicious served over rice
- Makes for some yummy leftovers and great for lunch!!